Facing on Cry Havoc?

Pour débattre d'une nouvelle version des règles stratégiques, d'une modif des règles de magies, des règles maisons qu'on trouve à droite et à gauche...etc

Modérateurs: Joarloc'h, Vox populi, buxeria

Facing on Cry Havoc?

Messagepar Donegal » Ven Nov 25, 2005 11:53 am

have anyone tried to include facing in the games? Do you think it would be a good idea? (include flank and rear modifier)
Donegal
Serf

Messagepar Krapougnak » Ven Nov 25, 2005 2:44 pm

I think that we should maintain a certain degree of simplicity in the game mechanics. "Facing" would introduce an unnecessary complexity IMHO.
je nie toute implication dans cette affaire ...
Krapougnak
Chevalier

Messagepar Gorodoff » Ven Nov 25, 2005 2:51 pm

Krapougnak a écrit:I think that we should mantain a certain degree of simplicity in the game mechanics. "Facing" would introduce an unecesary complexity IMHO.

I agree with Krapougnak :)
The only little part of facing we use is for movement purpose of mounted counters :wink:
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo!
Gorodoff
Baron

Messagepar caranorn » Lun Nov 28, 2005 12:59 am

Yep I don't see much use for facing either, even though I'm otherwise a maniac for detail (and unplayability). In a way it's already included via the column shifts for additional attackers (maybe you could add a simple Gamers like rule for two attacks from opposite directions giving an additional boost).

Now that I think about it, one reason I never thought of facing in the context of CH is probably that I've tried to get rid of combined combat, that is to say that I wanted to create a table and rules encforcing single combat (as the medieval period saw very little organised/cooperative fighting).

P.S.: And if we were to use facing, would the left side get a defensive advantage for a shield, the right an offensive advantage, maybe even differenciation for rear-left, rear-right and front-left and front-right? And of course anyone bearing a pot helmet would have restricted defense outside his vision arc.

:) :D :wink:
Marc aka Caran...

ministrare honor est
caranorn
Bailli

Messagepar Bertrand-dit-popov » Lun Nov 28, 2005 10:19 pm

I've tried to use facing on CH... long time ago :D

And I've forgot' it, because the little better I gave in realism was too complex to play. Then I don't use any more, 'cause I prefer to keep CH simply and quickly played, even if I loose a little bit of realism. :roll:

But I'm happy to use facing on other games, like Secession or Napoleonic age wargames of course 8)
Eric Bertrand-dit-popov.
knight "Un bon guerrier est celui qui frappe en premier,
mais le meilleur guerrier est celui qui frappe le dernier."
Bertrand-dit-popov
Châtelain

Retourner vers Nouvelles règles